No overview available.
in later hand, lower left in brown ink: Lodovico Caraci
Marks and Labels
William Young Ottley; Samuel Woodburn, London; Sir Thomas Lawrence (Lugt 2445); Samuel Woodburn, London; Lord Francis Egerton, first Earl of Ellesmere (Lugt Supp.2710b) and by descent (sale, Sotheby's, London, 11 July 1972, no. 13); Yvonne Tan Bunzl, London; NGA purchase in 1975.
- The Lawrence Gallery, Sixth Exhibition, Messrs. Woodburn's Gallery, London, 1836, no. 20.
- The Ellesmere Collection of Old Master Drawings, Museums and Art Gallery, Leicester, 1954, no. 17 (P. A. Tomory).
- Drawings by the Carracci and Other Masters, P. & D. Colnaghi, London, 1955, no. 5.
- NGA Master Drawings 1978, p. 48.
- Correggio and His Legacy, Sixteenth-Century Emilian Drawings, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1984, no. 120 (Diane De Grazia).
- Correggio e il suo lascito, disegni del cinquecento emiliano, Palazzo della Pilotta, Parma, 1984, no. 120 (Italian version of the Washington exhibition).
- Coulanges, Henri. "Les Carrache, trois pionniers d'un retour au réalisme," in Connaissance des Arts, no. 244 (June 1972): 107, fig. 6.
- Bohn, Babette. "The Drawings of Ludovico Carracci." Ph.D. dissertation, Columbia University, New York, 1982: 292, no. 167.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection