lower left: Ingres f. roma 1809.; verso inscribed
Marks and Labels
Guénepin family; Private collection, Paris; Robert H. and Clarice Smith; gift to the National Gallery, 1975.
- NGA Master Drawings 1978, p. 92.
- Portraits by Ingres: Image of an Epoch, The National Gallery, London; National Gallery of Art, Washington; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1999-2000, no. 40, repro. (shown only in Washington).
- Naef, Hans. Die Bildniszeichnungen von J.-A.-D. Ingres. 5 vols. Bern: Benteli Verlag, c.1977-1980.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 678, no. 1090, color repro.
- Portraits by Ingres: Image of an Epoch. Exh. cat. The National Gallery, London; National Gallery of Art, Washington; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1999-2000: no. 40.
- Morphet, Richard. Encounters: New Art from Old. London, 2000: fig. 2c.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection