No overview available.
lower left in graphite: Winslow Homer 1890; lower right in graphite: Blue Spring Fl.a; upper left verso in graphite: 4 Blue Spring Florida/ St John River/ Ponce de Leon - bloomaf(?)youth; upper center verso in graphite: C(?) 8239-1; lower left verso in graphite: 75886/ 78496
Marks and Labels
Charles S. Homer, Jr., by bequest, 1910; (Doll & Richards, Boston, 1912); (J. W. Young Galleries, Chicago, 1913); Mrs. Darwin M. Keith, Rockford, IL, nd; (Findlay Galleries, Chicago, nd); Charles R. Henschel, New York, probably 1936; Ruth K. Henschel (Mrs. Charles R. Henschel), New York, 1956; gift to NGA, 1975
- Doll & Richards, Boston [watercolors], Oct. 1912
- Watercolors and Drawings by Winslow Homer, Institute of Modern Art, Boston, 1941, no. wc-8
- Watercolors by Winslow Homer from the Collection of Mrs. Charles R. Henschel, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 6 July-12 Sept. 1962, no. 7
- Watercolors by Winslow Homer, 1836-1910, Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Buffalo, NY, 7 July-28 Aug. 1966, no. 25
- An Amazing Bit of Sleight of Hand: Winslow Homer's Watercolor Techniques, Bowdoin College Museum of Art, Brunswick, 1996, no cat.
- Winslow Homer, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 15 Oct. 1995-28 Jan. 1996, not in cat.
- Goodrich, Lloyd and Abigail Booth Gerdts. Record of Works by Winslow Homer. New York, 2014: V, no. 1443, p. 74.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection