No overview available.
lower left in black: Homer 1901; upper center verso in graphite by unknown hand: 25=34; upper right verso in red colored pencil by unknown hand; 23.99.
Marks and Labels
Hamilton Easter Field, New York, 1903; (M. Knoedler & Co., New York, 1923); Brooklyn Museum, New York, 1923; Charles R. Henschel; Ruth K. Henschel (Mrs. Charles R. Henschel), New York, by 1958; gift to NGA, 1975
- Thirteenth Annual Exhibition, NY Watercolor Club, 1902, no. 2
- Seventy-Second Annual Exhibtion, Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, 1903, no. 608
- Winslow Homer Centenary Exhibition, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, 1936, no. 97
- American Watercolor and Winslow Homer, Walker Art Center, Minneapolis, 1945
- A Loan Exhibition of Winslow Homer for the Benefit of the New York Botanical Garden, Wildenstein & Co., New York, 1947, no. 82
- Winslow Homer: A Retrospective Exhibition, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, Nov. 23, 1958-Jan. 4. 1959, no. 177
- Watercolors by Winslow Homer from the Collection of Mrs. Charles R. Henschel, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, July 6-Sept. 12, 1962, no. 16
- Watercolors by Winslow Homer, 1836-1910, Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Buffalo, 1966, no. 45
- Winslow Homer, Whitney Museum of American Art, NY, 1973, no. 156
- Winslow Homer, National Gallery of Art, Washington; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1995-1996, 350-351, no. 218.
- A Century of Drawing, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001-2002, no. 3.
- Winslow Homer in the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2005-2006, unnumbered brochure.
- Winslow Homer. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1995-1996: no. 218.
- A Century of Drawing. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001-2002: no. 3.
- Goodrich, Lloyd and Abigail Booth Gerdts. Record of Works by Winslow Homer. New York, 2014: V, no. 1715, p. 319
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection