No overview available.
lower left in brown watercolor: HOMER 1882; lower left verso in black ink: No. 1 (circled); center verso in blue crayon: CA2050 (underlined)
Marks and Labels
John Pierpont Morgan, New York, nd; Charles R. Henschel, New York, 1943, Ruth K. Henschel (Mrs. Charles R. Henschel), New York, 1956, gift to NGA, 1975
- Water Colors by Winslow Homer from the Collection of Mrs. Charles R. Henschel, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 6 July-12 Sept. 1962, no. 2
- Watercolors by Winslow Homer, 1836-1910, Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Buffalo, 7 July-28 Aug. 1966, no. 16
- Winslow Homer: All the Cullercoats Pictures, The Northern Centre for Contemporary Art, Sunderland, England, 25 July-11 Nov. 1988, no. 31
- Winslow Homer, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC (only), 1995-1996, not in cat.
- An Amazing Bit of Sleight of Hand: Winslow Homer's Watercolor Techniques, Bowdoin College Museum of Art, Brunswick, 1996, no cat.
- Winslow Homer in the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2005-2006, unnumbered brochure.
- Goodrich, Lloyd and Abigail Booth Gerdts. Record of Works by Winslow Homer. New York, 2012: IV.1, no. 1109, p. 112-113
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection