No overview available.
lower right in black: Winslow Homer 87; lower left in brown ink: To Mr M.F. King. with compliments of the Artist Sept 30th 1893; center verso in graphite: (not deciphered)
Marks and Labels
M. F. King, Portland, ME, 1893; Miss Luetta King, Portland, ME, his daughter, probably 1904; (M. Knoedler & Co., 1929); Charles R. Henschel, New York, probably 1929; Ruth K. Henschel (Mrs. Charles R. Henschel), New York, 1956; gift ot NGA, 1975
- Sixth Loan Exhibition: Winslow Homer, Albert P. Ryder, Thomas Eakins, The Museum of Modern Art, New York, 8 May 1930, no. 26
- Watercolors and Drawings by Winslow Homer, Institute of Modern Art, Boston, 22 June-15 July 1941; California Palace of the Legion of Honor, San Francisco, 9 Aug.-10 Sept. 1941, no. wc-4
- Water Colors by Winslow Homer from the Collection of Mrs. Charles R. Henschel, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 6 July-12 Sept. 1962, no. 5
- Watercolors by Winslow Homer, 1836-1910, Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Buffalo, 7 July-28 Aug. 1966, no. 21
- Graphic Survey Show, National Gallery of Art, Washington D.C., 1986-1987.
- Winslow Homer, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1995-1996 (National Gallery only, not in catalogue)
- An Amazing Bit of Sleight of Hand: Winslow Homer's Watercolor Techniques, Bowdoin College Museum of Art, Brunswick, 1996, no cat.
- Winslow Homer in the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2005-2006, unnumbered brochure.
- Goodrich, Lloyd and Abigail Booth Gerdts. Record of Works by Winslow Homer. New York, 2012: IV.2, no. 1386, p. 452-453