No overview available.
lower right in black: Winslow Homer 87; lower left in brown ink: To Mr M.F. King. with compliments of the Artist Sept 30th 1893; center verso in graphite (across): not deciphered.
Marks and Labels
M. F. King, Portland, ME, 1893; Miss Luetta King, Portland, ME, his daughter, probably 1904; (M. Knoedler & Co., 1929); Charles R. Henschel, New York, probably 1929; Ruth K. Henschel (Mrs. Charles R. Henschel), New York, 1956; gift ot NGA, 1975
- Graphic Survey Show, National Gallery of Art, Washington D.C., 1986-1987.
- Winslow Homer, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1995-1996.
- An Amazing Bit of Sleight of Hand: Winslow Homer's Watercolor Techniques, Bowdoin College Museum of Art, Brunswick, 1996, no cat.
- Winslow Homer in the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2005-2006, unnumbered brochure.
- Goodrich, Lloyd and Abigail Booth Gerdts. Record of Works by Winslow Homer. New York, 2012: IV.2, no. 1386.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection