No overview available.
lower left in black: HOMER 1883
Marks and Labels
- NGA Master Drawings 1978, p. 108.
- Winslow Homer, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1995-1996.
- An Amazing Bit of Sleight of Hand: Winslow Homer's Watercolor Techniques, Bowdoin College Museum of Art, Brunswick, 1996, no cat.
- Winslow Homer in the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2005-2006, unnumbered brochure, fig. 7.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 683, no. 1099, color repro.
- Cooper 1986, p.126, fig.116.
- Wilmerding, John. American Marine Painting. Rev. ed. of A History of American Marine Painting, 1968. New York, 1987: 155, 157,160, fig.148.
- National Gallery of Art, Washington. Washington, D.C., 1992: 323, repro.
- "A Summer's Pleasure: Incoming Tide, Scarboro, Maine by Winslow Homer." The American Art Journal XXV, 1993, 63-73.
- Weingrod, Carmi. "Methods and Materials: A Report on Artist's Papers." American Artist, 60 (October 1996): 14 (repr).
- Lévy, Sophie et al. Winslow Homer: Poet of the Sea, Exh. cat. Giverny: Terra Foundation for American Art, 2006, 41, 48-49.
- Tedeschi, Martha with Kristi Dahm. Watercolors by Winslow Homer: The Color of Light, Art Institute of Chicago, 2008: 115, fig. 6.
- Goodrich, Lloyd and Abigail Booth Gerdts. Record of Works by Winslow Homer. New York, 2012: IV.2, no. 1206.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection