No overview available.
lower left in black: HOMER 1878; lower center verso in graphite (across): not deciphered
Marks and Labels
Henry C. Valentine, New York, c. 1879; Grace Barrett Valentine (Mrs. Henry C. Valentine), Darien, CT, nd; Charles R. Henschel, New York, c. 1943; Ruth K. Henschel (Mrs. Charles R. Henschel), New York, 1956; gift to NGA, 1975.
- Winslow Homer, National Gallery of Art, Washington; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1995-1996, 118-120, no. 53.
- Winslow Homer in the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2005-2006, unnumbered brochure.
- Winslow Homer. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1995-1996: no. 53.
- Simpson, Marc. "Revelations for the Eye: Winslow Homer's Milkmaids." Belvedere vol. 1, (2000): 96, repro.
- Unger, Miles. The Watercolors of Winslow Homer. New York, 2001: 52, 58-59.
- Goodrich, Lloyd and Abigail Booth Gerdts. Record of Works by Winslow Homer. New York, 2005: vol. III, no. 672.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection