No overview available.
upper right in black: HOMER.; center verso in graphite: On the trail
Marks and Labels
Mrs. N. E. Pfizer, by 1912; (M. Knoedler & Co., 1912); (Gustav Reichard, 1912); William T. Evans, Montclair, NJ, proably 1912; (American Art Association, 31 Mar.-2 Apri. 1913; Evans sale, no. 96); (M. Knoedler & Co., 1913); Adolph Lewisohn, New York, 1913; Samuel A. Lewisohn, New York, nd; Charles R. Henschel, New York, 1938; Ruth K. Henschel (Mrs. Charles R. Henschel, New York), 1956; gift to NGA, 1975.
- Winslow Homer, National Gallery of Art, Washington; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1995-1996, 269-270, no. 168.
- Winslow Homer in the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2005-2006, unnumbered brochure.
- Cooper 1986, p.177, fig.164 (dated 1892).
- Winslow Homer. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1995-1996: no. 168.
- Tatham, David. Winslow Homer in the Adirondacks. New York, 1996: 114-115, no. 39.
- Unger, Miles. The Watercolors of Winslow Homer. New York, 2001: 153.
- Goodrich, Lloyd and Abigail Booth Gerdts. Record of Works by Winslow Homer. New York, 2014: IV.2, no. 1432.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection