No overview available.
lower right in black watercolor over graphite: HOMER 1904
Marks and Labels
(M. Knoedler & Co., New York, 1904); F. Hamilton Davis, New York, 1905; (M. Knoedler & Co., New York, 1926); Charles R. Henschel, New York, 1926; Ruth K. Henschel (Mrs.Charles R. Henschel), New York, 1956; gift to NGA, 1975
- Recent Watercolors by Winslow Homer, M. Knoedler & Co., New York, Nov. 1904 [?]
- Second Annual Exhibition, Philadelphia Water Color Club, 3-29 Apr., 1905, no. 86 (as Red Coat)
- Winslow Homer 1836-1910, Loan Exhibition of Watercolors Commemorating the Centenary of his Birth, 20 Jan.-8 Feb. 1936, no. 22
- Watercolors and Drawings by Winslow Homer, Institute of Modern Art, Boston, 21 June-15 July 1941, California Palace of the Legion of Honor, San Francisco, 9 Aug.-10 Sept. 1941, no. wc-17
- Water Colors by Winslow Homer from the Collection of Mrs. Charles R. Hensche, 6 July-12 Sept. 1963, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, no. 18
- Watercolor by Winslow Homer, 1836-1910, Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Buffalo, 7 July-28 Aug. 1966, no. 47
- Winslow Homer, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1995-1996, 352-355, no. 223.
- Casting a Spell: Winslow Homer: Artist and Angler, California Palace of the Legion of Honor, The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco; Amon Carter Museum, Fort Worth, 2002-2003, cat. no. 52.
- Winslow Homer in the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2005-2006, unnumbered brochure.
- Winslow Homer. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1995-1996: no. 223.
- Junker, Patricia and Sarah Burns. Winslow Homer, Artist and Angler. Exh. cat. The Fine Arts Museum of San Francisco, The Fine Arts Museum of San Francisco; Amon Carter Museum, Fort Worth. New York, 2002: 175, no. 52.
- Goodrich, Lloyd and Abigail Booth Gerdts. Record of Works by Winslow Homer. New York, 2014: V, no. 1745, p. 350-351.