No overview available.
lower right in black: HOMER 1900; lower right edge of verso in graphite by unknown hand: 5492
Marks and Labels
(M. O'Briend & son, Chicago, nd); Edward A. Renwick, Evanston, IL, c. 1905; Ralph Renwick, Chicago, probably by bequest, 1941; Charles R. Henschel, New York, nd; Ruth K. Henschel (Mrs. Charles R. Henschel), New York, 1956; gift to NGA, 1975
- Oils and Watercolors by Winslow Homer, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, 3 Oct.-2 Nov. 1944
- Watercolors by Winslow Homer from the Collection of Mrs. Charles R. Henschel, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 6 July-12 Sept. 1962, no. 15
- Watercolors by Winslow Homer, 1836-1910, Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Buffalo, 7 July-29 Aug. 1966, no. 43
- Master Drawings from the Collection of the National Gallery of Art and Promised Gifts, Washington, DC, 1 June-13 Aug. 1978
- Winslow Homer, National Gallery of Art, Washington; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1995-1996 (not in catalogue)
- An Amazing Bit of Sleight of Hand: Winslow Homer's Watercolor Techniques, Bowdoin College Museum of Art, Brunswick, 1996, no cat.
- Casting a Spell: Winslow Homer: Artist and Angler, California Palace of the Legion of Honor, The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco; Amon Carter Museum, Fort Worth, 2002-2003, cat. no. 46.
- Winslow Homer in the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2005-2006, unnumbered brochure (shown through 24 October 2005, when it was replaced by The Lone Fisherman).
- Winslow Homer, Poet of the Sea, Dulwich Picture Gallery, London; Musée d'Art Américain Giverny/Terra Foundation for American Art, 2006, cat. no. 50.
- Master Drawings and Watercolors: Selections from the National Gallery Collection and Promised Gifts. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, D. C., 1978: p. 109
- Junker, Patricia and Sarah Burns. Winslow Homer, Artist and Angler. Exh. cat. The Fine Arts Museum of San Francisco, The Fine Arts Museum of San Francisco; Amon Carter Museum, Fort Worth. New York, 2002: 80, no. 46.
- Lévy, Sophie et al. Winslow Homer: Poet of the Sea. Exh. cat. Giverny: Terra Foundation for American Art, 2006: 40, 50, no. 50.
- Goodrich, Lloyd and Abigail Booth Gerdts. Record of Works by Winslow Homer. New York, 2014: V, no. 1699, p. 301.