No overview available.
lower right in black: HOMER 1900
Marks and Labels
(William V. O'Brien); purchased by Edward A. Renwick, Chicago; by inheritance to his wife, Mrs. Edward A. Renwick, Chicago; purchased by Charles Henschel, N.Y., NY; bequest 1975 to NGA.
- NGA Master Drawings 1978, p. 109.
- Winslow Homer, National Gallery of Art, Washington; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1995-1996.
- An Amazing Bit of Sleight of Hand: Winslow Homer's Watercolor Techniques, Bowdoin College Museum of Art, Brunswick, 1996, no cat.
- Casting a Spell: Winslow Homer: Artist and Angler, California Palace of the Legion of Honor, The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco; Amon Carter Museum, Fort Worth, 2002-2003, cat. no. 46.
- Winslow Homer in the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2005-2006, unnumbered brochure (shown through 24 October 2005, when it was replaced by _The Lone Fisherman_).
- Winslow Homer, Poet of the Sea, Dulwich Picture Gallery, London; Musée d'Art Américain Giverny/Terra Foundation for American Art, 2006, cat. no. 50.
- Master Drawings and Watercolors: Selections from the National Gallery Collection and Promised Gifts. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, D. C., 1978: p. 109
- Junker, Patricia and Sarah Burns. Winslow Homer, Artist and Angler. Exh. cat. The Fine Arts Museum of San Francisco, The Fine Arts Museum of San Francisco; Amon Carter Museum, Fort Worth. New York, 2002: 80, no. 46.
- Lévy, Sophie et al. Winslow Homer: Poet of the Sea. Exh. cat. Giverny: Terra Foundation for American Art, 2006: 40, 50, no. 50.
- Goodrich, Lloyd and Abigail Booth Gerdts. Record of Works by Winslow Homer. New York, 2014: V, no. 1699.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection