No overview available.
Marks and Labels
Private collection, Budapest; purchased by Mr. and Mrs. Sidney K. Lafoon, Washington, D.C., by or shortly before 1954; gift 1976 to NGA.
- Hand, John Oliver. "Saint Anne with the Virgin and the Christ Child by the Master of Frankfurt," Studies in the History of Art 12 (1982): 43-52, figs. 1, 6.
- Hoenigswald, Ann. "Saint Anne with the Virgin and the Christ Child. Technical Investigation and Treatment." Studies in the History of Art 12 (1982): 55-65, figs. 1-8.
- Goddard, Stephen. "The Master of Frankfurt and his Shop." Ph.D. dissertation, University of Iowa, Iowa City, 1983: 110-111, 153-154, 389, no. 78, fig. 136.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 253, repro.
- Hand, John Oliver and Martha Wolff. Early Netherlandish Painting. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, 1986: 151-154, repro. 153.
 Hoenigswald 1982, 55 - 62. The painting was restored at least twice in the past and a memorandum of a conversation between Arthur Wheelock, curator of northern baroque painting at the Gallery, and Mr. and Mrs. Sidney Lafoon on 30 June 1976 in curatorial files mentions the restoration by Harold Cross in 1955.
 Hoenigswald 1982, 56.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection