Recorded as from New York. (Harry Stone, New York), by whom sold in 1945 to Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; gift to NGA, 1978.
- Extended loan, National Trust for Historic Preservation, Washington, D.C., 1980-1985.
- American Naive Paintings from the Garbisch Collection at the National Gallery of Art, Taubman Museum of Art, Roanoke, Virginia, 2010, no cat.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 265, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 389, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 421-423, color repro. 422.