No overview available.
Marks and Labels
Anatoly Nikolaievich Demidov, prince of San Donato [1812-1870], near Florence; Paul Pavlovich Demidov, prince of San Donato [1839-1885], near Florence; (Demidov sale, at their residence, San Donato, 1880, no. 106/107. Mme Isaac Pereire, Paris; (her sale, Galerie Jean Charpentier, Paris, 4 June 1937, no. 89/90); (Goldschmidt, London). (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London, New York, and Paris), by August 1937; by exchange to The A.W. Mellon Educational and Charitable Trust, Pittsburgh; gift 1940 to NGA.
- Sculpture Gallery, Tate Gallery, London, 1937, 3, repro.
- Preliminary Catalogue of Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1941: 220, no. A-44.
- Book of Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 254, repro. 219.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Mellon Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1949 (reprinted 1953 and 1958): 173, repro.
- Seymour, Charles. Masterpieces of Sculpture from the National Gallery of Art. Washington and New York, 1949: 183, note 51, repro. 158-159.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 148.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 131, repro.
- Scherf, Guilhem. "Autour de Clodion: variations, répétitions, imitations." Revue de l'Art 91 (1991): 47-59, repro. 8.
- Poulet, Anne L., and Guilhem Scherf. Clodion: 1738-1814. Exh. cat. Musée du Louvre, Paris, 1992: 214.
- Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 46, repro.
- Miner, Carolyn. "Pair of ornamental urns." In Bennett, Shelley, and Carolyn Sargentson, eds. French Art of the Eighteenth Century at the Huntington. New Haven, 2008: 466-467.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection