Marks and Labels
Recorded as from New York. (Harry Stone Gallery, New York, 1942). (Albert Duveen, New York), by whom sold in 1948 to Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; by bequest to NGA, 1980.
- American Primitive Paintings from the Collection of Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch, Part I, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1954, no. 71.
- American Naive Paintings of the 18th and 19th Centuries: 111 Masterpieces from the Collection of E.W. and B.C. Garbisch, traveling exhibition by Amer. Fed. of Arts, New York, 1968-1970, no. 75. First venue: Grand Palais, Paris.
- Extended Loan to the White House for use by President George W. Bush, 2001-2003.
- Extended loan for use by Secretary George P. Shultz, U.S. Department of State, Washington, D.C., 1985-1989.
- Extended loan for use by Carla Hills, U.S. Trade Representative, Washington, D.C., 1989-1993.
- Extended loan for use by Michael Kantor, U.S. Trade Representative, Washington, D.C., 1993-
- Extended loan for use by Chief of Staff Andrew Card, White House, Washington, D.C., 2001-2006.
- Extended loan for use by Chief of Staff Joshua Bolten, White House, Washington, D.C., 2006-2008.
- Thomas Chambers, Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia; The Hyde Collection Art Museum, Glens Falls; American Folk Art Museum, New York; Indiana University Art Museum, Bloomington, 2008-2010, unnumbered catalogue, fig. 2-8.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 49, repro. 48.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 137, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection