Recorded as from New York. (H. Gregory Gulick, Middletown, New Jersey), by whom sold in 1948 to Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; by bequest to NGA, 1980.
- 101 Masterpieces of American Primitive Painting from the Collection of E.W. and B.C. Garbisch, traveling exh. by the Amer. Federation of Arts, New York, 1961-1964, no. 42, color repro. First venue: The Metropolitan Museum of Art, N.Y.
- Extended loan for use by Ambassador Frank Wisner, U.S. Embassy residence, Cairo, Egypt, 1986-1991.
- Extended loan for use by Ambassador Richard Stone, U.S. Embassy residence, Copenhagen, Denmark, 1992-1993.
- Extended loan for use by Ambassador Jeonnone Walker, U.S. Embassy residence, Prague, 1995-1998.
- Moore, James Collins. "The Storm and The Harvest: The Image of Nature in Mid-nineteenth Century American Landscape Painting." Ph.D. dissertation, Indiana University, Bloomington, 1974: 205-207.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 404, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 496-497, color repro. 496.