Recorded as from New Jersey. (Harry Stone Gallery, New York). Mr. and Mrs. Carl Drepperd, by 1942, by whom sold in 1954 to Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; by bequest to NGA, 1980.
- American Pioneer Paintings, Harry Stone Gallery, New York, 1942.
- American Primitive Paintings from the Collection of Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch, Part II, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1957, no. 22.
- 101 Masterpieces of American Primitive Painting from the Collection of E.W. and B.C. Garbisch, traveling exh. by the Amer. Federation of Arts, New York, 1961-1964, no. 18, color repro. First venue: The Metropolitan Museum of Art, N.Y.
- Antiques 42 (October 1942): 181, and frontispiece.
- Drepperd, Carl W. Pioneer America: Its First Three Centuries. New York, 1949: 146.
- Brant, Sandra, and Elissa Cullman. Small Folk: A Celebration of Childhood in America. New York, 1980: 126, color repro., 142.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 399, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 437, 441, color repro. 439.