lower left on mount in graphite: J. Bellange; lower center on mount in graphite, circled: 157; on verso, in graphite at upper left: Bellange; below that in another hand and turned 90 degrees: patro (?), underlinged twice/[illeg.](min?); in pen and brown ink at center: B.59 (boxed); in red chalk at lower right: J. Bellange
(Jacques Petithory, Paris); purchased by NGA, 1981.
- From Fontainebleau to the Louvre: French Drawing from the Seventeenth Century. Cleveland Museum of Art, Cleveland, 1989, no. 7 (cat. by Hilliard Goldfarb).
- Jacques de Bellange, Musée des Beaux-Arts, Rennes, 2001, 193, no. 36.
- Renaissance to Revolution: French Drawings from the National Gallery of Art, 1500-1800. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2009, 40-41, 276, no. 11 (color).
- Rosenberg, Pierre. "Review of From Fontainebleau to the Louvre: French Drawing from the Seventeenth Century." Master Drawings XXVIII (1990): 432.
- Thuiller, Jacques. L'Art en Lorraine au temps de Jacques Callot. Exh. cat. Musée des Beaux-Arts, Nancy, 1992, under nos. 44 and 81b.
- Goldfarb, Hilliard. "Exhibitions in Nancy on the Art of Lorraine at the Time of Jacques Callot." Master Drawings XXXIII(1995): 66.