No overview available.
lower right: Vlaminck
Marks and Labels
Sold May 1906 by the artist to Ambroise Vollard [1867-1939], Paris; sold to (Galerie de l'Élysée [Jean Metthey], Paris); sold c.1950 to (Galerie Lucien Bourdon, Paris);  sold January 1951 to (Sidney Janis Gallery, New York); sold November 1951 to Baron [1883-1977] and Mrs. Robert von Hirsch, Basel;  gift to his step-daughter, Mrs. Lili-Charlotte Sarnoff, Bethesda, Maryland; gift 1981 to NGA.
- 5 Years of Janis: 5th Anniversary Exhibition, The Sidney Janis Gallery, New York, 1953, no. 55, repro.
- Sauvage, Marcel. Vlaminck, sa vie et son message. Geneva, 1956: repro. p. 20.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 428, repro.
- Strick, Jeremy. Twentieth Century Painting and Sculpture: Selections for the Tenth Anniversary of the East Building. Washington, D.C., 1989: 16, repro. 17.
- Vallès-Bled, Maïthé. Vlaminck. Paris, 2008: no. 121, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection