No overview available.
Marks and Labels
The artist [d. 1973]; his estate; private collection, Switzerland; acquired 1980 by (Acquavella Galleries, Inc., New York); purchased 1982 by NGA.
- XIX & XX Century Master Paintings, Acquavella Galleries, New York, 1980, no. 15, color repro.
- Deceptions and Illusions: Five Centuries of Trompe l'Oeil Painting, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2002-2003, no. 98, color repro.
- Zervos, Christian. Pablo Picasso. 33 vols. Paris, 1942-: 7(1955): no. 18, pl. 9.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 607, no. 940, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 310, repro.
- Strick, Jeremy. Twentieth Century Painting and Sculpture: Selections for the Tenth Anniversary of the East Building. Washington, D.C., 1989: repro. 44, 45.
- Clark, T.J. Picasso and Truth: From Cubism to Guernica. (Bollingen series 35; The A.W. Mellon Lectures in the Fine Arts, 58.) Princeton, 2013: 82, 84-85, color fig. 2.17.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection