lower right: E. Boudin 1887
Marks and Labels
Durand-Ruel family, Paris; acquired after 1942 by (Sam Salz, New York); sold 1959 to Mr. Paul Mellon, Upperville, Virginia; gift 1983 to NGA.
- Salon of 1888, Paris, no. 321, as Le bateau pilote.
- Paintings, Drawings and Sculpture Collected by Yale Alumni: An Exhibition, Yale University Art Gallery, New Haven, Connecticut, 1960, no. 44, repro., as La Sortie du Havre.
- French Paintings from the Collections of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon and Mrs. Mellon Bruce, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1966, no. 20, repro
- Gifts to the Nation: Selected Acquisitions from the Collections of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1986, unnumbered checklist
- Paintings by Eugène Boudin from the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1989, no cat.
- La mar de arte. Una travesia por la historia de la navegació a vela (Art Galore. An exploration into the History of Sailing), IVAM, Valencia, 2005-2006, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Eugène Boudin at the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2007, no cat.
- Eugene Boudin, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond, 2007-2008, no cat.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 62, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection