No overview available.
lower right: E. Boudin - 65
Marks and Labels
(Cabruja sale, Galerie Georges Petit, Paris, 20 May 1921, no. 5); purchased by Durand-Ruel. (sale, Christie's, London, 23 April 1937, no. 102, as Property of a Lady); (Arthur Tooth & Sons, London); sold January 1943 to Mrs. Peter Pleydell-Bouverie, London, until at least 1954. N. Beecham. (Marlborough-Gerson Gallery, New York); sold December 1963 to Mr. Paul Mellon, Upperville, VA; gift 1983 to NGA.
- La Flèche d'Or, Arthur Tooth and Sons, London, 1937, no. 2
- Summer Exhibition, Arthur Tooth & Sons, London, 1939, no. 32
- The Pleydell-Bouverie Collection of Impressionist and Other Paintings, The Tate Gallery, London, 1954, no. 6.
- A Selection of Important 19th Century French Masters, Marlborough Fine Art Ltd., London, 1960, no. 3.
- French Paintings from the Collections of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon and Mrs. Mellon Bruce, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1966, no. 14, repro.
- Manet and Modern Paris, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1982, no. 52, repro.
- Paintings by Eugène Boudin from the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1989, no cat.
- Boudin at Trouville, The Burrell Collection, Glasgow Museum; Courtauld Institute Galleries, London, 1992-1993, no. 39, repro.
- Around Impressionism: French Paintings from the National Gallery of Art, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 1999, no cat.
- Masterpieces from the National Gallery of Art, Washington, Kyoto Municipal Museum of Art; Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum, 1999, no. 12, repro.
- Impressionists by the Sea, Royal Academy of Arts, London; The Phillips Collection, Washington, D.C.; Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art, Hartford, 2007-2008, no. 16, repro.
- The Lens of Impressionism: Photography and Painting Along the Normandy Coast, 1850-1874, University of Michigan Museum of Art, Ann Arbor; Dallas Museum of Art, 2009-2010, no catalogue.
- Impressionists at the Waterside: Depicting Urban Resorts: Paris, the Seine, and Normandy, Tokyo Fuji Art Museum; Fukuoka City Museum; The Museum of Kyoto, 2013-2014, no. 84, repro.
- _European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 63, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection