No overview available.
lower left: E. Boudin / Le Havre 83
Marks and Labels
Duneau, Paris; sold 1902 to (Durand-Ruel, New York and Paris), until at least 1940; Stanley N. Barbee, New York; (Barbee sale, Parke-Bernet Galleries, New York, 20 April 1944, no. 30); purchased by Coblentz, USA. (Wildenstein, London, New York and Paris); sold 1962 to Mr. Paul Mellon, Upperville; gift 1983 to NGA.
- Possibly Salon of 1883, Paris, no. 321, as La Sortie
- Pictures by Boudin, Cézanne, Degas, Manet, Monet, Morisot, Pissarro, Renoir, Sisley, Grafton Galleries, London, 1905, probably no. 3, as Leaving Port - Havre
- Exposition de Tableaux par Boudin, Galeries Durand-Ruel, Paris, 1926-1927, no. 9, as Sortie du port du Havre.
- Possibly Nineteenth Century French Art, Albright Art Gallery, 1932, no. 1.
- Loan Exhibition of Paintings by Eugene Boudin, The Art Institute of Chicago, 1935-1936, no. 12, as Havre Harbor; Outward Bound.
- Eugene Boudin, Durand-Ruel Galleries, New York, 1936, no. 9, as Sortie du port du Havre.
- Golden Gate International Exhibition, Palace of Fine Arts, San Francisco, 1940, no. 232, as Port of Havre.
- Capolavori Impressionisti dei Musei Americani, Museo e Gallerie Nazionali di Capodimonte, Naples; Pinacoteca di Brera, Milan, 1986-1987, no. 1, repro.
- Paintings by Eugène Boudin from the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1989, no cat.
- Eugène Boudin at the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2007, no cat.
- Eugene Boudin, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond, 2007-2008, no cat.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 65, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection