Artist's estate; Keppel and Co., New York, 1936; John Davis Hatch [1907-1996], by 1976; acquired 1983 by the National Gallery of Art
- Building a Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1997-1998, no. 66.
- Leaving for the Country: George Bellows at Woodstock, Memorial Art Gallery of the University of Rochester; Terra Museum of American Art, Chicago, 2003-2004.
- 100 American Drawings, Loan Exhibition from the Collection of John Davis Hatch, Heim Gallery, London, 1976, no. 99.
- Mittler, Gene A. and James D. Howze. Creating and Understanding Drawings. New York, 2001: fig. 11.33.
- Leaving for the country: George Bellows at Woodstock. Exh. cat. Memorial Art Gallery of the University of Rochester, 2003: 66-67.