lower right: Jackson Pollock 51
The artist [1912-1956]; purchased c. 1953 by Reginald R. Issacs, Cambridge, Massachusetts; purchased through (E.V. Thaw & Co., Inc., New York) by the NGA Collectors Committee; gift 1983 to NGA.
- Jackson Pollock, Betty Parsons Gallery, New York, 1951, illustrated but not identified in catalogue.
- Loan to display with permanent collection, Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1966.
- Founders and Heirs of the New York School, Museum of Contemporary Art, Tokyo; The Miyagi Museum of Art, Sendai; The Museum of Modern Art, Ibaraki, 1997, no. 45, repro.
- Pollock's "Blue Poles, No. 11", National Gallery of Australia, Canberra, 2002-2003, no cat.
- Strick, Jeremy. Twentieth Century Painting and Sculpture: Selections for the Tenth Anniversary of the East Building. Washington, D.C., 1989: 72, repro. 73.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 264, repro.
- Spring, Justin. The Essential Jackson Pollock. New York, 1998: repro. opp. 92.
- Siegel, Jeanne. Painting After Pollock: Structures of Influence. Amsterdam, 1999: 195, repro. 196.