No overview available.
on proper left side of right heel of figure with her left leg raised in low arabesque: (Johnson Atelier Technical Institute of Sculpture stamp)
Marks and Labels
FM: Johnson Atelier Technical Institute of Sculpture
The artist; purchased 2 February 1983 through (Sidney Janis Gallery, New York) by NGA.
- Wilmerding, John. American Masterpieces from the National Gallery of Art. Rev. ed. National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1988: 45, repro.
- Strick, Jeremy. Twentieth Century Painting and Sculpture: Selections for the Tenth Anniversary of the East Building. Washington, D.C., 1989: 118, repro. 119.
- Kopper, Philip. America's National Gallery of Art: A Gift to the Nation. New York, 1991: 5, color repro.
- Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 215, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection