No overview available.
upper right in brown ink: [the remains of a final "t" from a cut-off inscription, legible when the sheet is turned to the right]; by later hand, across top verso in graphite: [f?] in dark plain oak / Gilt [slip?]
Marks and Labels
G.L. Laporte (Lugt 1170), New York; (Julius H. Weitzner [1896-1986], New York); Julius S. Held, Old Bennington, Vermont; purchased 1984 by NGA.
- Selections from the Drawing Collection of Mr. and Mrs. Julius S. Held, University Art Gallery, Binghamton; traveling exhibition, 1970, no. 12.
- One Hundred Master Drawings from New England Private Collections, Wadsworth Atheneum, Hartford; Hopkins Center Art Galleries, Dartmouth College; Museum of Fine Art, Boston, 1973-1974, no. 41.
- Visions of Antiquity: Neoclassical Figure Drawings, Los Angeles County Museum of Art; Philadelphia Museum of Art; The Minneapolis Institute of Arts, 1993-1994, no. 2.
- Robinson 1973, no. 41.
- Master drawings from the Collection of Ingrid and Julius S. Held. Exh cat. Burlington, VT, Robert Hull Fleming Museum 1979: 31.
- Campbell, Richard J., and Victor Carlson. Visions of Antiquity: Neoclassical Figure Drawings. Exh. cat. Los Angeles County Museum of Art; The Minneapolis Institute of Art. Los Angeles and Minneapolis, 1993: no. 2.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection