No overview available.
lower left in black watercolor: WH/ HOMER 1881; upper right verso in graphite by unknown hand: #1
Marks and Labels
Charles S. Homer, Jr., by bequest, 1910; Mrs. Charles S. Homer, Jr., by bequest, 1917; Arthur P. and Charles L. Homer, by bequest, 1937; (John Nicholson Gallery, 1945); (E. C. Babcock Art Galleries, 1946); (Milch Galleries, by 1951); Mr. and Mrs. Solton Engel, New York, 1951; bequest to NGA, 1984
- J. Eastman Chase, Boston, [watercolors], opened c. 6-c.20 Feb. 1882 [?]
- Water Colors by Winslow Homer, The Museum of the Brooklyn Institute, 16 Oct.-7 Nov. 1915; The Century Association, New York, 8 Dec. 1915-c. 14 Jan. 1916, no. 3
- Water Colors by Winslow Homer, Carnegie Institute, Pittsburgh, 9 Sept.-26 Oct. 1923, no. 31
- Century Loan Exhibition as a Memorial to Winslow Homer, Prout's Neck (Maine) Association, 18 July-2 Aug. 1936, no. 59
- Exhibition of Paintings by Winslow Homer (1836-1910), Friends of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, 1 Dec. 1937
- Winslow Homer Water Colors and Early Oils from the Estate of Mrs. Charles S. Homer and Other Sources, Macbeth Gallery, New York, May-June 1938, no. 5
- Winslow Homer: All the Cullercoats Pictures, The Norhern Centre for Contemporary Art, Sunderland, England, 25 July-11 Nov. 1988, no. 10
- Winslow Homer, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1995-1996.
- An Amazing Bit of Sleight of Hand: Winslow Homer's Watercolor Techniques, Bowdoin College Museum of Art, Brunswick, 1996, no cat.
- Winslow Homer in the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2005-2006, unnumbered brochure.
- Tedeschi, Martha with Kristi Dahm. Watercolors by Winslow Homer: The Color of Light, Art Institute of Chicago, 2008: 200, fig. 4.
- Goodrich, Lloyd and Abigail Booth Gerdts. Record of Works by Winslow Homer. New York, 2012: IV.1, no. 1055, p. 58