lower left in gray gouache: Winslow Homer 1882; upper center verso in black chalk by unknown hand: G-3 Doll & Richards 48
Marks and Labels
Mr. Charles W. Gould, NY; (E. & A. Milch, Inc., New York); Solton Engel, New York; wife, Julia Engel by bequest, New York; gift to NGA, 1984
- Twenty-fourth exhibition of the American Watercolor Society, New York, 1891.
- Winslow Homer, National Gallery of Art, Washington; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1995-1996, 213-215, no. 124.
- Winslow Homer in the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2005-2006, unnumbered brochure.
- Downes, William Howe. The Life and Works of Winslow Homer, Boston and New York, 1911: 150-151, 161, fig. p. 96.
- NGA Homer 1958, 111.
- Cooper 1986, p.95, fig.76.
- Winslow Homer. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1995-1996: no. 124.
- Unger, Miles. The Watercolors of Winslow Homer. New York, 2001: 104-105.
- Lévy, Sophie et al. Winslow Homer: Poet of the Sea, Exh. cat. Giverny: Terra Foundation for American Art, 2006: 76
- Tedeschi, Martha with Kristi Dahm. Watercolors by Winslow Homer: The Color of Light, Art Institute of Chicago, 2008: 57, fig. 24.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection