No overview available.
Marks and Labels
(Ambroise Vollard [1867-1939], Paris); sold to (Etienne Bignou, Paris and New York). (Dalzell Hatfield Galleries, Los Angeles). Aline Barnsdall [1882-1946], Los Angeles, by 1941. Mr. and Mrs. Walter Bareiss, Greenwich, CT, by 1956, until at least 1965. (Eugene Victor Thaw and Co., New York); sold April 1973 to Mr. Paul Mellon [1907-1999], Upperville, VA; gift 1985 to NGA.
- Bignou Gallery, New York, 1940, no. 8
- Aspects of French Painting from Cezanne to Picasso, Los Angeles County Museum, 1941, no. 12, as Turning Road, St. Anthonin.
- Pictures Collected by Yale Alumni, Yale University Art Gallery,New Haven, 1956, no. 112, repro.
- 50 Selections from the Collection of Mr. and Mrs. Walter Bareiss, Museum of Modern Art, New York, 1958, no. 11, repro.
- Sammlung Walter Bareiss, Neue Staatsgalerie München, 1965, no. 999, repro.
- Cezanne: The Late Work, Museum of Modern Art, New York, 1977, no. 44, repro.
- Gifts to the Nation: Selected Acquisitions from the Collections of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1986, unnumbered checklist
- An Enduring Legacy: Masterpieces from the Collection of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1999-2000, no cat.
- Cézanne Site/Non-Site, Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza, Madrid, 2014, no. 14, repro.
- Rewald, John. The Paintings of Paul Cézanne: a catalogue raisonné. 2 vols. New York, 1996:no. 930, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection