lower left: Raoul Dufy 1906
Possibly (Galerie Paul Vallotton, Lausanne). (Hector Brame, Paris); sold June 1964 to Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon, Upperville, Virginia; gift 1985 to NGA.
- French Paintings from the Collection of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond, 1973-1978, unnumbered checklist
- Extended loan for use by Ambassador Madeleine Albright, Representative of the U.S. to the United Nations, office at the U.S. Department of State, Washington, D.C., 1993-1997.
- Extended loan for use by Secretary Madeleine Albright, U.S. Department of State, Washington, D.C., 1997-1999.
- Raoul Dufy: Last of the Fauves, Norton Museum of Art, West Palm Beach; Dixon Gallery and Gardens, Memphis; New Orleans Museum of Art; Marion Koogler McNay Art Museum, San Antonio, 1999-2000, no. 7, repro.
- Fauve Painting from the Permanent Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2004-2005, no cat.
- Raoul Dufy Le plaisir, Musée d'Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris, 2008-2009, no. 13, repro.
- Matisse and Friends: Selected Masterworks from the National Gallery of Art, Denver Art Museum, 2014-2015, no catalogue.
- Raoul Dufy. Exterior to Interior, Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza, Madrid, 2015, no. 13, repro.