No overview available.
lower left: C.Pizarro . Paris 1856.
Marks and Labels
Gunnar A. Sadolin, Dragor, Denmark, by 1939. (sale, Sotheby's, London, 1 December 1965, no. 146); (P. & D. Colnaghi & Co., London and New York); sold 1965 to Mr. Paul Mellon Upperville, VA; gift 1985 to NGA.
- The European Vision of America, National Gallery of Art, Washington;Cleveland Museum of Art; Musées Nationaux de France, 1975-1977
- 19th and 20th Century French Painting from the Collection of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond, 1979 (long term exhibition), checklist no. 62
- Camille Pissarro: Impressionist Innovator, The Israel Museum, Jerusalem; The Jewish Museum, New York, 1994-1995, not in cat. (shown only in New York).
- "Camille Pissarro", Staatsgalerie Stuttgart, 1999-2000, no. 2.
- Pissarro's People, Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute, Williamstown; California Palace of the Legion of Honor, The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, 2011-2012, unnumbered catalogue, fig. 43.
- Pissarro, Ludovic and Lionello Venturi. Camille Pissarro, son art, son oeuvre. 2 vols. Paris, 1939:1:78, no. 5, as Deux Femmes Causant au Bord de la Mer, Saint-Thomas; 2:pl. 1.
- Pissarro, Joachim and Claire Durand-Ruel Snollaerts, Pissarro: Critical Catalogue of the Paintings, 3 vols., Milan, Paris and New York, 2005: II:no. 23, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection