No overview available.
lower left in charcoal: HM / 37
Marks and Labels
(Pierre Matisse Gallery, New York), by 1948; T. Edward Hanley [1895-1969], Bradford, Pennsylvania, at least until 1968; (E.V. Thaw and Co., New York); purchased June 1970 by Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon, Upperville, VA; gift to NGA, 1985.
- Henri Matisse, Philadelphia Museum of Art, 1948, no. 140.
- Paintings and Drawings from the Hanley Collection, Wildenstein & Co., New York and the Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, 1961-62, no. 91.
- 20th Century Master Drawings, Guggenheim Museum and tour, 1963-64, no. 83.
- Selectiond from the Collection of Dr. and Mrs. T. Edward Hanley, Museum of the Southwest, Midland, TX, DeYoung Museum, and Denver Museum of Art, 1967-68.
- Selections from the Collection of Dr. and Mrs. T. Edward Hanley, Bradford, PA, Gallery of Modern Art and Philadelphia Museum of Art, 1967.
- Works from the Hanley Collection, Columbus Gallery of Fine Arts, Columbus, OH, 1968, no. 171.
- Dessins de Matisse, Musée National d'Art Moderne, Paris, 1975.
- Gifts to the Nation: Selected Acquisitions from the Collections of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1986, unnumbered checklist.
- A Century of Drawing, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001-2002, no. 67.
- A Century of Drawing. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001-2002: no. 67.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection