No overview available.
upper right verso: Picasso
Marks and Labels
Pierre Gaut, Paris, after 1942; Heinz Berggruen, Paris, by 1959; (sale, Sotheby's, London, 23 April 1968, no. 24); purchased by (Hector Brame, Paris) for Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon; gift 1985 to NGA.
- Aspects of Twentieth-Century Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1978-1979, no. 20, repro.
- Gifts to the Nation: Selected Acquisitions from the Collections of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1986, unnumbered checklist
- A Century of Drawing, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001-2002, no. 25.
- Picasso Guitars, 1912-1914, The Museum of Modern Art, New York, 2011, fig. 77
- Picasso's Drawings, 1890-1921: Reinventing Tradition, The Frick Collection, New York; National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 2011-2012, no. 54.
- Zervos, Christian. Pablo Picasso. 33 vols. Paris, 1932-1978.
- A Century of Drawing. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001-2002: no. 25.
- Umland, Anne. Picasso Guitars, 1912-1914. Exh. cat., The Museum of Modern Art, New York, 2011: fig. 77.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection