No overview available.
upper center reverse: Vision at End of Day / 1946 / MARK ROTHKO
Marks and Labels
The artist [1903-1970]; his estate; consigned 1970 to (Marlborough Gallery, Inc., New York); transferred 1977 back to the artist's estate; transferred 1979 to The Mark Rothko Foundation, Inc., New York; gift 1986 to NGA.
- The Surrealists in Exile and the Origin of the New York School, Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofia, Madrid; Musée d'Art Moderne et Contemporain, Strasbourg, 1999-2000, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- In the Tower: Mark Rothko, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2010-2011, unnumbered brochure.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 306, repro.
- Anfam, David. Mark Rothko: The Works on Canvas: Catalogue Raisonné. New Haven and London, 1998: no. 299, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection