No overview available.
Marks and Labels
The artist [1903-1970]; his estate; consigned 1970 to (Marlborough Gallery, Inc., New York); transferred 1977 back to the artist's estate; transferred 1979 to The Mark Rothko Foundation, Inc., New York; gift 1986 to NGA.
- Rothko Paintings from the National Gallery of Art, North Carolina Museum of Art, Raleigh, 1989, no cat.
- Mark Rothko, Kawamura Memorial Museum of Art, Chiba-ken; Marugame Genichiro-Inokuma Museum of Contemporary Art; Nagoya City Art Museum; Museum of Contemporary Art, Tokyo, 1995-1996, no. 43, repro.
- Mark Rothko: The Mural Projects, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2003-indefinite closing.
- Ashton, Dore. American Art Since 1945. New York, 1982: 161, repro., cover ill.
- "Mark Rothko." North Carolina Museum of Art: Preview (1989): 10, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 325, repro.
- Anfam, David. Mark Rothko: The Works on Canvas: Catalogue Raisonné. New Haven and London, 1998: no. 735, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection