lower right in black ink: Mark Rothko
Marks and Labels
Estate of the artist, 1970; Mark Rothko Foundation, New York, 1979.
- Mark Rothko, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Whitney Museum of American Art, New York; Musée d'Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris, 1998-1999, no. 21 (NGA/WMAA cat.), repro. (shown only in Washington and New York).
- A Century of Drawing, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001-2002, no. 76.
- "Surrealism USA", National Academy of Design, New York, 2005, no. 88.
- Clearwater, Bonnie. Mark Rothko: Works on Paper. Exh. cat. American Federation of Arts touring exhibition. New York, 1984: cat. no. 12.
- Mark Rothko. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington; Whitney Museum of American Art, New York; Musée d'Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris, 1998-1999: no. 21.
- A Century of Drawing. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001-2002: no. 76.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection