No overview available.
by A.H. Palmer, artist's son and biographer, on left half of verso in graphite: The reflections of one of the incendiary fires / fires in Kent, I th ink about 1830 done I think / the next day - The building is, I think / Ightham Mote. A.H.P. [Palmer' s son] / Subject the harvesters hurrying away the / last of the harvest.
Marks and Labels
- The Great Age of British Watercolors 1750-1880, Royal Academy of Arts, London; National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1993, no. 224.
- Samuel Palmer, 1805 - 1881: Vision and Landscape, British Museum, London, and Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 2005 - 2006, no. 68.
- The Artist's Vision: Romantic Traditions in Great Britain, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2006 - 2007
- Lister, Raymond. Catalogue Raisonne of the Works of Samuel Palmer. Cambridge, England: Cambridge University Press, 1988.
- Wilton, Andrew and Anne Lyles. The Great Age of British Watercolours 1750-1880. Exh. cat. Royal Academy of Arts, London; National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1993: no. 224.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection