lower center in plate front of tomb: HVMANI / GENERIS / REDEMPTO / RI
Marks and Labels
- Andrea Mantegna, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1992, no. 39.
- Andrea Mantegna, Royal Academey of Arts, London, 1992, no. 39.
- Recent Acquisitions of Works of Art on Paper, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1995.
- Antico: The Golden Age of Renaissance Bronzes, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; The Frick Collection, New York, 2011-2012, as The Deposition (shown only in Washington).
- Hind, Arthur M. Early Italian Engraving; a critical catalogue with complete reproductions of all the prints described. 7 vols. London: Bernard Quaritch Ltd., 1938-1948.
- Christie's, CHATSWORTH, London: 12/5/85, no.49.
- Boorsch, Suzanne, et al. Andrea Mantegna. Exh. cat. Royal Academy of Arts, London; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York. London and Milan, 1992: 39 (as state 2 of 2).
- Royalton-Kisch, Martin, and David Ekserdjian. "The Entombment of Christ: A Lost Mantegna Owned by Rembrandt?" Apollo (March 2000): 52-56.
- Campbell, Stephen J. and Michael W. Cole. Italian Renaissance Art. New York, 2013: 262, fig. 10.7.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection