Charles Fairfax Murray. William Bateson, London (1861 - 1926) (Lugt 2604a) (his sale, Sotheby's London, 23-24 April 1929, no. 228; Mrs. Lessing J. Rosenwald; gift to NGA, 1987.
- Strokes of Genius: Rembrandt's Prints and Drawings, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
- Drawings by Rembrandt and His Pupils: Telling the Difference. J. Paul Getty Museum. Los Angeles, 2009, 45 (color detail), 55, 56, 57, 251, no. 2.4 (as Lievens) (entry by Lee Hendrix).
- This does not refer to any published work. It refers to the chronological and stylistic sequence of Rembrandt drawings in the National Gallery's collection AS DETERMINED BY ANDREW ROBISON.
- Benesch, Otto. The Drawings of Rembrandt. 6 vols. London: Phaidon, 1973. (enlarged and edited by Eva Benesch from 1954-1957 ed.): no. 42
- Schatborn, Peter. Jan Lievens. Prenten en Tekeningen. Exh. cat. Museum het Rembrandthuis, Amsterdam, 1988-1989: 17, pl. IV (as attributed to Jan Lievens).
- Schatborn, Peter. "Notes on Early Rembrandt Drawings." Master Drawings, vol. 27, p. 123 and fig. 13 (as Jan Lievens)
- Royalton-Kisch, Martin. "Recent Publications on Rembrandt Drawings." The Burlington Magazine 132 (1990): 134.
- Plomp, Michiel. "Rembrandt and His Circle: Drawings and Prints." The Metropolitan Museum of Art Bulletin. New Series, vol. 64. 2006: 5 and fig. 2, as Jan Lievens.
- Rubinstein, Gregory. "Brief Encounter: The Early Drawings of Jan Lievens and Their Relationship with Those of Rembrandt" Master Drawings 49, 2011: 361-362, 370, and fig. 21.