No overview available.
lower center in watercolor: Girtin
Marks and Labels
Samuel William Reynolds (1773-1835); Elizabeth Weddell (1749-1831); by inheritance to her nephew, John Charles Ramsden; (sale, Sotheby's, London, 21 November 1985, no. 97); (Leger Galleries, London); purchased 1987 by NGA.
- The Artist's Vision: Romantic Traditions in Great Britain, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2006 - 2007
- Sotheby's, London, 11/21/85: no.97.
- Leger Galleries: 11/19-12/24/1986. no.9.
- Sotheby's, Art at Auction, 1985-1986, p.48.
- Leger Galleries, British Landscape Painting, 3/4-4/3/92: fig. 50 (as The River Taw, looking towards Appledore.
- Thomas Girtin: The Art of Watercolour. Exh. cat. Tate Britain, London, 2002: 257-258 (fig. 48 and 50 are incorrectly labeled; fig. 50 is by Girtin and belongs to the National Gallery of Art).
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection