No overview available.
across center reverse: signed within five-pointed star: OK
Marks and Labels
The artist [1887-1986]; estate of the artist; bequest 1987 to NGA.
- Eleventh Exhibition of Contemporary American Oil Painting, Cleveland Museum of Art, June-July 1931, unnumbered catalogue, as Jack in the Pulpit, No. 2.
- Georgia O'Keeffe, An American Place, New York, January-February 1931, one of nos. 7-11.
- Possibly Exhibition of The American Society of Painters, Sculptors and Gravers, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, February 1932, no. 105, as Jack-in-the-Pulpit.
- Possibly Twenty-Seventh Annual Exhibition of Paintings by American Artists, City Art Museum, St. Louis, 1932, no. 37 (this may also be NGA 1987.58.1).
- Opening Exhibition, Springfield Museum of Fine Arts, Massachusetts, 1933, no. 222, repro., as Jack-in-the-Pulpit No. 2.
- Georgia O'Keeffe, The Art Institute of Chicago, 1943, no. 38.
- Possibly An Exhibition of Paintings by Georgia O'Keeffe, Dallas Museum of Fine Arts; The Mayo Hill Galleries, Delray Beach, Florida, 1953, no. 13, as Jack in the Pulpit.
- Georgia O'Keeffe Retrospective Exhibition, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York; The Art Institute of Chicago; San Francisco Museum of Art, 1970-1971, no. 67, repro.
- Reflections of Nature: Flowers in American Art, Whitney Museum of American Art, 1984, unnumbered catalogue, fig. 57.
- Georgia O'Keeffe: 1887-1986, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; The Art Institute of Chicago; Dallas Museum of Art; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York; Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 1987-1989, no. 79, repro.
- Georgia O'Keeffe: The Poetry of Things, Phillips Coll., Washington, D.C.; Georgia O'Keeffe Mus., Santa Fe; Dallas Mus. of Art; Palace of the Legion of Honor, San Francisco, 1999-2000, unnumbered cat., pl. 42 (shown only in Washington and Santa Fe).
- O'Keeffe's O'Keeffes: The Artist's Collection, Milwaukee Art Museum; Georgia O'Keeffe Museum, Santa Fe; Louisiana Museum of Modern Art, Humlebaek, Denmark, 2001-2002, no. 44, repro. (shown only in Milwaukee and Santa Fe).
- Georgia O'Keeffe: Naturalezas íntimas, Fundación Juan March, Madrid, 2002, no. 19, repro.
- Modernism and the Feminine Voice: O'Keeffe and the Women of the Stieglitz Circle, Georgia O'Keeffe Museum, Santa Fe; High Museum of Art, Atlanta; San Diego Museum of Art, 2007-2088, unnumbered catalogue.
- Georgia O'Keeffe: Abstraction, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York; The Phillips Collection, Washington, D.C.; Georgia O'Keeffe Museum, Santa Fe, 2009-2010, unnumbered catalogue, pl. 119.
- Modern Nature: Georgia O'Keeffe and Lake George, The Hyde Collection Art Museum, Glens Falls; Georgia O'Keeffe Museum, Santa Fe; Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, de Young Museum, 2013-2014, no. 52, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 250, repro.
- Lynes, Barbara Buhler. Georgia O'Keeffe: Catalogue Raisonné. 2 vols. New Haven and London, 1999: 1:434, no. 717, color repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection