center verso: Evans estate stamp with inventory number VI-118 added in graphite; by later hand, upper left verso in graphite: B.L 805; by later hand, lower left verso in graphite: INV#40
Dr. and Mrs. Kent Minichiello, Washington, DC; gift to NGA, 1988.
- Walker Evans: Subway Photographs and Other Recent Acquisitions, National Gallery of Art, Washington; Addison Gallery of American Art, Andover, 1991-1992.
- The American Century: Art and Culture, 1900-2000, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, 1999, not in cat.
- "Cruel and Tender: The Real in the Twentieth Century Photograph", Tate Modern, London; Museum Ludwig, Cologne, 2003-2004.
- Many Are Called. Boston, 1966: p. 119 (variant: cropped to include only man and woman on right).
- Walker Evans: First and Last. New York, 1978: p. 136 (below).
- Greenough 1991, pl. 31.