all by later hand, center verso in graphite: Pieter Lastman / Amsterdam / 1583-1633; lower left verso in graphite: ABRAHAM-THE ANGEL; lower right verso in graphite: Colnagy Collectio
Marks and Labels
"Colnagy Collection," according to an old inscription on the verso. (Herbert Feist Gallery, NY, 1973); Alice Steiner, Larchmont, NY, by 1977; gift to NGA in 1990.
- European Drawings, Herbert E. Feist Gallery, New York, 1973, no. 35 (as Lambert Jacobsz).
- Renaissance and Baroque Drawings from the Collections of John and Alice Steiner, Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, MA, and tour, 1977-1978, no. 56.
- Seventeenth Century Dutch Drawings from American Collections, International Exhibitions Foundation, 1977, no. 12.
- Art for the Nation, Gifts in Honor of the 50th Anniversary of the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1991, pp. 50-51.
- Sumowski, Werner. "Zeichnungen von Lastman und aus dem Lastman-Kreis." Giessener Beiträge zur Kunstgeschichte 3 (1975): 174.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection