No overview available.
lower right: MAX WEBER 1913
Marks and Labels
Purchased 1915 from the artist by Nathan J. Miller for his wife, Linda R. Miller, New York; by inheritance 1936 to her daughter, Helen Miller Davis, New York, until at least 1959; her daughter, Natalie Davis Spingarn; gift 1990 to NGA.
- Exhibition of Paintings and Drawings by Max Weber, The Print Gallery, New York, February 1915, no. 21.
- [Max Weber], Jones Galleries, Baltimore, 1915.
- [Max Weber], Montross Gallery, New York, 1915.
- An Exhibition of Oil and Tempera Paintings, Gouaches, Pastels, Woodcuts, Lithographs and Drawings by Max Weber, Celebrating the artist's 75th birthday, The Jewish Museum, New York, 1956, no. 5a, as Fourth Dimension Interior.
- Max Weber: Retrospective Exhibition, The Newark Museum, 1959, no. 16, repro.
- Art for the Nation: Gifts in Honor of the 50th Anniversary of the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1991, 288-289, color repro.
- Max Weber: The Cubist Decade, 1910-1920, travelling exh. organized by the High Museum of Art, Atlanta, 6 venues, 1991-1993, no. 37, repro. (shown only at first three venues: High Museum of Art; Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; Corcoran Gallery of Art).
- Max Weber's Modern Vision, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2000.
- Max Weber's Modern Vision: Selections from the National Gallery of Art and Related Collections, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2000, brochure, fig. 3.
- Inheriting Cubism: The Impact of Cubism on American Art, 1900-1936, Hollis Taggart Galleries, New York, 2001-2002, pl. 39.
- American Artists from the Russian Empire, Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art, The University of Oklahoma, Norman; The State Russian Museum, St. Petersburg; State Tretiakov Gallery, Moscow; San Diego Museum of Art, 2008-2010, no. 1, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection