Archibald George Blomefield Russell [born 1879], London (sale, London, Sotheby's, 22 May 1928, lot 89); De Clementi; John Nicholas Brown, Providence [1900-1979]; (David Tunick, New York); purchased by Ian Woodner, New York, 13 August 1986; by inheritance to his daughters, Andrea and Dian Woodner, New York, 1990; gift to NGA, 1991.
- Fogg Art Museum, Harvard University, Cambridge, 1929.
- Rhode Island Shool of Design, 1931.
- Masterpieces of Drawings: Diamond Jubilee Exhibition, Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia, 1950-1, no. 19.
- Forty Master Drawings from the Collection of John Nicholas Brown, Fogg Art Museum, Harvard University, Cambridge, 1962, no. 32.
- 100 Master Drawings from New England Private Collection, Wadsworth Athenaeum, Hartford and tour, 1973-74, no. 1.
- Master Drawings: The Woodner Collection, Royal Academy of Arts, London, 1987, no. 4.
- Master Drawings from the Woodner Collection, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1990, no. 5.
- Art for the Nation: Gifts in Honor of the 50th Anniversary of the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1991, supplement.
- The Touch of the Artist: Master Drawings from the Woodner Collections, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1995-1996, no. 20.