No overview available.
Marks and Labels
Private collection, Florence; (Luigi Grassi, Florence); (Michael Hall Fine Arts, New York), before 1971; purchased c. 1983 by Mr. and Mrs. John R. Gaines, Lexington, Kentucky; gift 1991 to NGA.
- Giambologna 1529-1608, Sculptor to the Medici, Royal Scottish Museum, Edinburgh; Victoria & Albert Museum, London; Kunsthistorisches Museum, Vienna, 1978-1979, no. 110, repro.
- Art for the Nation: Gifts in Honor of the 50th Anniversary of the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1991, 36-37, color repro.
- Avery, Charles. Giambologna. The Complete Sculpture. Mt. Kisco, NY: 1987: 264, under no. 97.
- Götz-Mohr, Brita, ed. Liebieghaus-Museum Alter Plastik. Nachantike Kleinplastische Bildwerke 3 vols. Melsungen, 1987 -: II: Italien Frankreich Niederlande 1500-1800: 72
- Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 30, repro.
- Avery, Charles. Giambologna. An exhibition of sculpture by the Master and his Followers. From the Collection of Michael Hall, Esq.. Exh. cat. Salander-O'Reilly Galleries, New York, 1998: 74.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection