No overview available.
by later hand, lower right in black ink: 17; by later hand on mount, center verso in violet crayon: A. Collections / 2786
Marks and Labels
Everard Jabach, Paris (?); Pierre Crozat (according to a letter from Bernadette Py); Sir Frederick Wedmore (1844-1921)(sale, Sotheby's, London, 13 December 1921, no. 77); purchased by Archibald George B. Russell (born 1879)(Lugt Supp. 2770a)(sale, Sotheby's, London, 22 May 1928, no. 46); (bought by Durlacher, London); John Nicholas Brown, Providence; (David Tunick, New York, 1986); gift to NGA in 1991.
- Exhibition of Italian Art of the Seventeenth Century, Burlington Fine Arts Club, London, 1925, no. 55, pl. XLIX.
- Master Drawings Selected from the Museums and Private Collections of America, Albright Art Gallery, Buffalo, 1935, no. 37.
- Art for the Nation, Gifts in Honor of the 50th Anniversary of the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1991, 46-47 (entry by Diane De Grazia).
- Borenius, Tancred. "Drawings in the Collection of Mr. Archibald G. B. Russell" The Connoisseur 66, no. 261, 1923: 10, pl. VII.
- Andrews, Keith. National Gallery of Scotland, Catalogue of Italian Drawings. Cambridge, 1971, 1: 33, under D 852.
- Byam Shaw, James. Drawings by Old Masters at Christ Church, Oxford. Oxford, 1976, 1: 249-250, under no. 944.
- Old Master Drawings from Chatsworth, sale cat., Christie's, London, 3 July 1984, under no. 9.
- Old Master Drawings, sale cat. Sotheby's, London, 6 July 1987, under no. 49.
- Art for the Nation: Gifts in Honor of the 50th Anniversary of the National Gallery of Art. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1991: p.46.
- Bailey, Stephen Michael, "Carracci Landscape Studies: The Drawings Related to the Recueil de 283 Estampes de Jabach," Ph.D. diss., U.C. Santa Barbara, 1993, UMI Dissertation Services, 2:591-592, 985, no. 189d (as circle of J. B. Corneille).
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection