No overview available.
lower right: H.PIPPIN,
Marks and Labels
(Robert Carlen Galleries, Philadelphia); R. Sturgis Ingersoll, Esq.; Mr. and Mrs. Irving Vogel; Mrs. A. Lewis Spitzer; ACA Galleries; purchased 1972 by Mr. and Mrs. Meyer P. Potamkin, Philadelphia; gift 1991 to the NGA.
- Horace Pippin, The Phillips Collection, Washington, D.C.; Terry Dintenfass Gallery, New York; Brandywine River Museum, Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania, 1977.
- Art for the Nation: Gifts in Honor of the 50th Anniversary of the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1991, 356-357, color repro.
- I Tell My Heart: The Art of Horace Pippin, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia; Art Institute of Chicago; Cincinnati Art Museum; Baltimore Museum of Art; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1994-1995, fig. 146, repro.
- All the Art in Me: In Search of Horace Pippin, Reading Public Museum, Pennsylvania, 2003, no cat.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection