on mount, center right in graphite: Harry Callahan; on verso, by unknown hand, center in black pencil: 198
PaceWildensteinMacGill Gallery, New York, NY; purchased with donated funds from the Collectors Committee by NGA, 1991.
- Harry Callahan, National Gallery of Art, Washington; Philadelphia Museum of Art; High Museum of Art, Atlanta; Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago, 1996-1997.
- Photographs: Harry Callahan. Santa Barbara [California], 1964: pl. 45.
- Callahan. New York, 1976: pl. 129.
- Brody, Jacqueline. "Harry Callahan: Questions." The Print Collector's Newsletter 7 (January-February 1977): 174.
- Gee, Helen. Photography of the Fifties: An American Perspective. Exh. cat. Center for Creative Photography. Tucson, 1980: p. 65.
- Greenough 1996, p. 120.